CLASSES AND WORKSHOPS
Summer Art Classes
For ages 5-8 and 9-12
August 6-10, 2018
New this year: Extended hours before and after classes, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm. See Additional fees below.
9 am – 12 noon
Down the Nile River for ages 5-8
Discover the secrets of the ancient Egyptians as you learn about mummies, hieroglyphs, pyramids, and more! You’ll create with clay, paint, collage, and other materials.
Get STEAMed! for ages 9-12
Blend art with science and technology for innovative results. We’ll explore patterns in math and nature, wind-powered moving sculptures, and more!
12:30 – 3:30 pm
Painting Palooza for ages 5-8
Sketch in the galleries, learn how to mix colors, and explore painting on paper, on pop-ups, and on three-dimensional shapes.
Drawing Figures and Faces for ages 9-12
Learn the basic proportions of the human figure and face, and practice drawing them realistically before we apply our new skills to cartoons.
General Information and Fee per Class
- Each class is 5 days long, Monday-Friday.
- You may sign up for one or two classes per child.
- There is an additional fee for lunch supervision if the student is taking two classes (see below).
- $105 for Family-level Museum members; $125 for non-members
- Supervision during lunch between morning and afternoon classes: $15 for five days. (Students must provide their own lunch and snacks.)
- Early drop-off at 8:30 am: $15 for the week. Late pick-up at 5:30 pm: $60 for the week
- If you wish to pick-up between 3:30 and 5:30, the fee is $3.00 per half-hour and must be scheduled at the same time for all five days.
On-line at www.familyid.com, or download a registration form from our website, or call 978-345-4207 during our open hours.
The Word Color in Watercolor Workshop for Beginners and Experienced Painters
Sunday, July 22, 2018
10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Instructor: Carolyn Todd
Objective: To discover, build, and enhance a personal watercolor technique via exploration of:
- Brush techniques to achieve different and new effects inspired by Sumi-E one brush painting (brushes and ink will be provided).
- Color studies for building vivid color via observation of the color bias.
- Painting techniques including negative painting, washes, and edges.
- Engaging the viewer through light and shadow, the power of white, and composition.
- Inspiration through Art History and the master watercolorists.
Yoga (All levels)
NOTE TIME CHANGE
Tuesdays, 6:30-7:45 p.m.
June 12 - August 28 (12 weeks)
Instructor: Melissa Magane
Reap the health benefits of yoga as you are guided through warm-up postures, yogic breathing, and relaxation. Instruction will be adapted for all levels of experience. Register here
$90M, $110NM, Drop-ins $14 per class payable in class.